COVID-19: Guidelines for Our Opening
Effective May 1, our office will return to our normal business hours and resume routine eye care.
However, in accordance with CDC and public health guidelines, we have made some changes to continue to ensure the health and safety of all patients and staff and reduce the risk of exposure to COVID-19.
Here is what you can expect:
- Access to our office will be limited to the patient only. An exception will be made if the patient requires assistance with mobility or if the patient is a child. In such case, one companion will be allowed to enter with the patient.
- There will be no more than 2 patients/visitors in office at one time. We have spread out time between each appointment, and will be working to shorten the amount of time you spend with us in the office.
- We will be keeping our door locked. When you arrive, call us at 256-442-9350. We will give you further guidance.
- We will check your temperature. If you have a temperature above 100.4⁰ you will not be permitted inside.
- You must wear a mask throughout your visit. Please provide your own mask if at all possible, as masks are in very short supply. If you do not have a mask, one will be provided for you to wear.
- We encourage you to pay by non-cash method.
- We will continue to directly ship contact lens orders to your house.
- We will continue to dispense glasses and contact lenses (that cannot be shipped) curbside.
- All staff will be wearing masks and following CDC and public health guidelines on sanitization of all surfaces, touch points, products, equipment, and workstations between patient interactions.
The health and safety of our patients, families, staff, and community is our priority. We thank you for continuing to support local businesses like ours. We look forward to seeing you all very soon!
Dr. King and the Vision Source RBC Team